Oppo F7 was recently launched, and the brand claims that this is the perfect ‘Selfie Expert’. Here’s a quick look at the features, specifications and other details. For the uninitiated, Oppo F7 is priced at Rs. 21,990 In India.
- This device is powered by the 2 MHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor, with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal memory or ROM, which is further expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card. There is also a special edition, which has the same processor matched with 128GB ROM and 6GB RAM, and that’s priced at around Rs. 26,990.
- For the display, there’s the 6.23-inch FHD+ touchscreen, which comes with 19:9 aspect ratio. The display covers the entire front panel of the device and is stunning – much inspired from iPhone X. Screen resolution is 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels. Even in sunlight, we got decent feedback and clarity. The body of the phone can be prone to smudges, so do get a back cover.
- Cameras are what Oppo phones are known for, and for the best selfies, you get a 25MP shooter, which uses AI to offer incredible correction. On the rear, there’s a 16MP shooter, which is okay at best. Please note that V9 from Vivo does have a dual camera setup.
- For the software, it uses ColorOS 5.0 from the brand on top of Android 8.1 Oreo straight out of the box. This is a dual-SIM handset, which only accepts Nano SIMs. It runs on a 3400mAh battery that’s not removable and offers around 6-hours charge with heavy usage. The device weighs 158 grams.
- All the connectivity options are included – dual-band Wi-Fi, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB port, 4G VoLTE, and 3G. Please note that F7 doesn’t have a Type-C port, which can be odd for the price charged. All essential sensors, including ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, are present.
If you want to go for Oppo F7, Moto G5s or Redmi Note 4, please check the online sites. Some brands have launched some really cool offers for Oppo and Vivo launches. Also, we recommend that you compare the phone with V9 from Vivo, which is pretty similar in certain ways, including hardware and display. Overall, Oppo F7 is meant for performance and it will appeal to most people, beyond selfie addicts, because of the display and design, which are borrowed or inspired but not boring at all.